Registration is now open for the 2021 season
We Look forward to welcoming you to Harleysville Community Center Pool
Opening: June 5th, 2021
Closing: Aug 31st, 2021
Harleysville Community Center Pool
PANDEMIC COMPLIANCE PLAN
As of May 24, 2021; subject to change
According to the guidelines and requirements set by the CDC, local, state, and federal government as well as health experts, Harleysville Community Center Pool has developed new guidelines and protocols to maintain a safe environment for all members, staff, guests, and vendors during the 2021 Summer Season. We will be periodically reviewing and adjusting these safety measures throughout the season as needed or as state-mandated restrictions are modified. These measures are in addition to our standard operating pool procedures and regulations.
ENTERING THE FACILITY
- If you or your family members show symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell or taste, stomach distress, body aches or rash, etc. please be considerate of other members and stay at home until symptoms subside. If you have recently been in close contact with someone who has been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19, please refrain from coming to the Pool.
- All vaccinated patrons are not required to wear a face mask when entering the pool grounds. If you are not vaccinated, we kindly ask that you wear a mask as you approach the ticket booth.
- A face covering will be required to enter any buildings. This includes the First Aid room, Snack Bar and Restrooms. Members are asked to bring their own face covering to the pool.
- Face covering is not required until you visit one of the designated areas above or cannot socially distance from non-family members.
- For your own safety and enjoyment, please consider BYOE (Bring Your Own Everything.) Examples include chairs, goggles, personal hand sanitizer, swim toys, basketball, etc.
- POOL TOYS – Personal pool toys will be allowed only in the Toddler Pool. No toys, masks, or equipment will be given out from the ticket booth.
- LOST & FOUND – Pool management is not responsible for lost or stolen possessions. For the 2021 season, any lost and found items left at the pool will be left in a bin outside the ticket booth for a short period of time before being disposed of.
- Day pass guests will be allowed. They will sign the waiver and must abide by the health and safety standards set forth.
- Based on capacity numbers for the day, day passes may not be available on holidays or hot/ busy days.
- Cashless payments should be used when possible.
USING THE POOL
- Pool Guidelines – Staff will closely monitor the pool occupancy to maintain social distance. Please continue to enjoy the pool as you normally would with respect to sitting on or jumping off the side of the pool while being mindful of others in the pool or on the pool deck.
- If the pool exceeds social distancing capacity, an adult swim may be called to clear the pool for a period of time.
- Diving Well Guidelines – Members should maintain social distancing while waiting their turn at the diving board and slides.
- Baby Pool Guidelines – Parents should use discretion regarding capacity. A child must be closely supervised by a parent to maintain social distancing. Pool toys may not be shared.
- We will continue our rigorous water and chlorine testing to meet state guidelines.
FOOD, BEVERAGE, AND SNACK BAR
- Picnic tables will be spaced in designated areas to allow family groups to social distance. We ask that tables not be moved. Supplies will be available to disinfect the tables before and/or after your use of the tables.
- The Cool Eats Snack Bar will take orders inside. Patrons must wear a mask in the snack bar and on the patio area when waiting to enter the snack bar. After your order is taken, please wait for your order on the patio. Trays will not be utilized, instead, your order will be brought to the window in a bag.
POOL GROUNDS AND FACILITIES
- Bathrooms and changing rooms will be open but should be used sparingly, occupancy will be limited and monitored if necessary. If possible, please come to the pool changed and ready to swim.
- Please be mindful not to encroach onto other families when walking on the grounds.
- The water fountain will be replaced with a bottle fill station. This can also be used for filling reusable water bottles. Water bottles will also be available for purchase at the Snack Bar.
- Inclement Weather: If storms are expected, pools may close in advance of the storm to avoid crowding.
STAFF AND VENDORS
- Staff will agree to health and safety standards checks before every shift.
- Additional first aid equipment and face masks will be provided to the staff.
- Staff will not be masked up on the guard stand but should be when interacting with staff or patrons, performing first aid.
- Staff are expected to wash their hands on a regular basis.
GENERAL CLEANING AND REMINDERS
- High-touch surfaces will be disinfected on a frequent, designated schedule. Surfaces include rails, benches, bathrooms, office items, etc.
- Hand sanitizer pumps will be available at the ticket booth and pavilion for your use. Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands often.
- Please encourage activity with immediate family members, caretakers or household members while following best social distancing with other families. Reminder: IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOUR CHILDREN ARE SOCIAL DISTANCING ON THE GROUNDS AND IN THE POOL.
We are hopeful that being at the HCC Pool will provide some sense of normalcy while allowing a safe environment for your family. When in doubt please be mindful and courteous to other members and staff. Please help our staff by following these guidelines and review them with your family. As always, thank you in advance for your support and cooperation. If you have concerns, please talk to Management.
Enjoy the pools!